Job Title: Consultant
Location: New York City
Status: Full-time, Immediate start
cg42, a boutique management consulting firm, is currently looking to expand its team with energetic, resourceful, and well-rounded strategists who are seeking to make an impact and grow with the firm.
The primary role of a Consultant is project delivery and quality management. Consultants should have a strong understanding of all of the various levers associated with brand, marketing and business strategy. Consultants demonstrate fluency in defining information needs, driving facts to findings and implications, designing research methodologies and developing a clear point of view. They are capable of building strategic thinking, effective frameworks and actionable deliverables. Consultants are expected to contribute to ongoing client relationship management and intellectual capital development as an integral part of the team. Successful Consultants are self-starters, intellectually curious and passionate about solving customer driven business challenges.
- Identify key business challenges and develop a deep understanding of a client organization, industry, competitor set, and key audiences within a compressed timeframe
- Gather insights across a variety of techniques including primary qualitative and quantitative research
- Collaborate with the client team to develop strategic recommendations spanning across brand, marketing, and corporate strategy engagements
- Lead the day to day creation of deliverables working with junior staff to build recommendations
- Integrate findings into cohesive and compelling stories
- Bring new thinking to conversations and contribute to the success of the team overall
- Provide support to Partners and Directors
- Demonstrates a strong academic background (preferably in an area of business)
- At least 4 years of experience in a professional services environment such as strategy consulting, corporate strategy or brand strategy
- Excellent analytical / quantitative and communication skills
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ spirit and is self-motivated
- Exhibit an ability to think critically, logically and creatively
- Displays a dedicated work ethic and a passion for consulting
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
cg42 is a boutique management consulting firm that has pioneered the approach to translating marketplace frustration and competitive vulnerability into enhanced market share for our clients.
We partner with senior management teams in businesses whose organic growth has stagnated to re-focus their organizations on the changes required to reinvigorate demand. We speak the disparate languages of operations, finance, and marketing with equal fluency, giving us a definitive edge in helping the disparate parts of our clients’ organizations embrace a common strategy for growth.
Our clients include: Mitsubishi UFJ, Union Bank, Microsoft, MasterCard, AT&T, and several portfolio companies within Bain Capital Ventures.